Saint Barnabas Medical Center
Since 1865, Saint Barnabas Medical Center, New Jersey’s oldest nonprofit, nonsectarian hospital, has worked to exceed its community’s highest expectations for compassionate, comprehensive health care. The award-winning, 597-bed institution is one of the largest health care providers in the state.
Their commitment to excellence is illustrated by their designation from many national organizations for being a provider of quality care. Saint Barnabas Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission and the American Medical Association Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. The medical center is a major teaching affiliate of Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, The New York College of Osteopathic Medicine and St. Georges University School of Medicine, Grenada. Saint Barnabas is also a clinical site for both of New Jersey’s physician assistant training schools. The medical staff of approximately 1,700 physicians, representing more than 100 medical and surgical specialty and subspecialty services, shares medical expertise with medical students, residents and fellows.
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2014 Most Wired Hospital from the American Hospital Association.
- Grade “A” for Patient Safety from The Leapfrog Group.
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures from the Joint Commission: one of 405 hospitals recognized out of 3,099 in the U.S.
- Best Regional Hospitals, U.S. News & World Report for 2014-2015 in Nephrology.
- Academic Center of Excellence in Women’s Health (the first in NJ).
- Award for Promoting and Support¬ing Breastfeeding from the Interna¬tional Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners and The International Lactation Consultant Association.
- Three-year approval with Commendation for the Cancer Center from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
- Cancer Center certification from the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Comprehensive Stroke Center designation by the New Jersey Depart¬ment of Health and Senior Services.
- The Joint Commission certification for a Primary Stroke Center.
- Designated Level 4 Epilepsy Center by the National Association of Epi¬lepsy Centers.
- Award-winning Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with outcomes that lead the nation.